Core Team Leaders
The Commission is chaired by Philip Landrigan, MD, a distinguished professor and physician, and the Dean for Global Health at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, and by Richard Fuller, Founder and President of Pure Earth and Secretariat of the Global Alliance on Health and Pollution.
The work of the Commission is overseen by a Steering Committee comprising:
- Philip Landrigan, Commission Co-Chairman and Lead Author of Commission Report Chapter 1
- Richard Fuller, Commission Co-Chairman and Co-Lead Author of Commission Report Chapter 4
- Maureen Cropper, Co-Lead Author of Commission Report Chapter 2
- Alan Krupnick, Co-Lead Author of Commission Report Chapter 2
- Karti Sandilya, Lead Author of Commission Report Chapter 3
- David Hanrahan, Co-Lead Author of Commission Report Chapter 4
- Andrew McCartor, Commission Program Manager
- Tim Kasten, representing the United Nations Environment Programme
- Yewande Awe representing the World Bank Group
The Chairmen are joined by an esteemed group of Commissioners from around the world, which includes former heads of state, leaders of development agencies; Ministers of Heath and Environment; a Nobel Laureate; distinguished physicians, economists and scientists; noted environmental advocates and public figures. Research and drafting for the Commission Report is coordinated through the office of the GAHP Secretariat, Pure Earth, and includes contributions from Commissioners, partner organizations, advisors, consultants and in-house staff. The Commission Report will go through three phases of review before publication: an initial review by the Steering Committee, a review by the Commissioners and a full peer-review according to the internal publication guidelines of The Lancet.